Director of Development - Sacramento Waldorf School
The Director of Development has the unique opportunity to work with members of every constituency of the Sacramento Waldorf School and its surrounding community. As a 54-year-old institution, there is as much a need to respect and maintain history and tradition as to explore new technologies and fresh and innovative program ideas. While a great deal of care and time must be spent in sustaining the office’s current level of output, there is also ample room for creativity and strategy with regard to enhancing the Development Office’s current efforts in the areas of fund- and friend-raising and community outreach.
The Director of Development oversees the following areas:
• Fundraising - Direct the Annual Fund Campaign to meet financial and participation goals; maintain and monitor remaining Capital Campaign pledge payment process, plan and develop next capital campaign; manage major donors and prospective donors through research, identification, cultivation and stewardship; develop and manage special campaigns as needed; cultivate planned giving interest and opportunities.
• Communications– Oversee all print and electronic publications and media relations, including Parent News, Re-Connections, Annual Report, school calendars, website and Facebook page management and press releases.
• Alumni Relations– Ensure communication with class representatives, alumni, alumni parent and former faculty constituencies; plan and coordinate alumni events and programs such as reunions, Alumni Day, Alumni/Varsity Soccer and Basketball games, college care packages and Senior Induction into the Alumni Association.
• Special Events– Orchestrate and manage appropriate volunteer support for annual events such as Harvest Faire, Spring Auction, Benefactors Reception, Grandparents’ Day, campaign kickoffs, major donor receptions, etc.
The Director of Development reports to the school’s Administrator, works closely with other school managers, is supported and advised by the Development Committee, and manages the staff of the Development Office, toward accomplishing these goals.
• BA or BS degree and 3+ years relevant professional experience. Fundraising and/or Development experience is preferable but consideration may be given to those with a background in Public Relations, Marketing, and Non-Profit Management. The ideal candidate will be familiar with and committed to the goals of Waldorf Education.
• Ability to initiate projects, work independently, multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines with attention to detail and a high level of follow through and inspire volunteer groups
• Outstanding written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Comfort level with working in a small organization, performing a wide variety of functions, from the strategic to the day-to-day
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office platform and data base systems
• Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
• We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Individuals interested in applying for the position of Development Director should send a cover letter, resume and a minimum of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Sacramento Waldorf School is an established Early Childhood - 12 school located in Fair Oaks, east of Sacramento, in Northern California. The school was established in 1959 and is jointly accredited by AWSNA and WASC. We offer a full Waldorf program to over 400 students. Our 22-acre campus, overlooking the American River, affords many opportunities for outdoor and environmental education. The campus adjoins Rudolf Steiner College, providing varied opportunities for professional development and anthroposophical work.
We offer a competitive salary, contingent on experience and qualifications, and an excellent benefit package.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Download an Employment Application.
High School Spanish Teacher
The Sacramento Waldorf School is searching for a full-time high school Spanish teacher beginning in January 2014 for the remainder of the school year. We are a private preschool-12 campus of 416 students which is situated on 22 acres along the American River Parkway. Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of a B.S. in Spanish or related field. Waldorf teacher training is desired in the candidate and Waldorf training will be required of a teacher who is hired by the school. High school teaching experience is preferred. We offer a competitive starting salary and benefits to full time employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested, please send a cover letter, resume and application email@example.com.
Extended Care Teacher, Grades 1-8
Starting this September, hours are Monday - Friday from 1:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Job duties include:
• Set up and clean up the Extended Care room
• Prepare healthy snacks
• Create a peaceful First grade rest time
• Watch children on the yard and tend to their needs
• Have some understanding of the First-Fourth grades Waldorf curriculum
• Have good knowledge of age-appropriate crafts, songs and activities
• Support children doing their homework
• Must be CPR/First Aid certified
Please apply to Simone Demarzi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sacramento Waldorf School 3750 Bannister Road, Fair Oaks, California 95628