SWS High School Students and Parents: Get Connected!
The SWS High School utilizes Family Connection from Naviance, a comprehensive Web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Students linked to Family Connection have access to a wide variety of resources and services related to interest and career exploration and post-high school planning. Our high school counselors also use Family Connection to communicate with students and parents and to track and analyze data about individual college and career plans. All high school students and at least one parent per household are required to register with this service.
Join Family ConnectionTo:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process– Build a resume, complete on-line surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Learn about individual student strengths and talents. Complete the “Do What You Are” personality type assessment to identify key personality characteristics and to learn which areas of study and which career paths match these characteristics well.
- Research career options – Match potential careers based on results of your “Do What You Are” questionnaire results or browse through career clusters for information on skill sets, degrees and suggested areas of study for each.
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted to college programs in the past.
- Sign up for college visits– Find out which colleges are visiting our school each fall and sign up to attend those sessions (junior and senior students).
- Receive news bulletins – Check your Family Connections page regularly for updates regarding summer enrichment opportunities, SAT and ACT preparation, college fairs, financial aid workshops, scholarships and more.
- Access links and resources –Many direct links to helpful sites such as the College Board, ACT, University of California, California State University, California Colleges, Los Rios Community College District and more are loaded onto Family Connection and are only a click away. SWS documents on summer enrichment, gap year programs and college application tips are also available.
- Request transcripts and letters of recommendation – requests are both made and tracked on line.
Not registered yet? Here’s how:
1. Get your unique initial registration code from the high school registrar.
2. Click here to connect to the SWS welcome and log on page.
3. Click on “I need to register” and enter your registration code in the registration box provided.
3. Individual accounts are password protected. When prompted, enter your unique email address and a password of your choice.
4. Visit the site often and benefit from the extensive information available!
Already on board? Click here to log on.
Sacramento Waldorf School 3750 Bannister Road, Fair Oaks, California 95628 (916) 961-3900