Sacramento Waldorf School Preschool Program Overview
The Rosebud Preschool is a home-like, secure, and loving environment with a predictable rhythm throughout the day, season, and school year.
The Preschool program supports the children's physical, social-emotional, and intellectual development through circle movement, games, and songs; wholesome snacks; outside work and play on our 22-acre organic farm and campus; stories and puppet plays; and seasonal and artistic activities.
Activities are planned at the same time each day, rotating through the week. This rhythmical element ensures a strong sense of consistency, order, and security – essential to the healthy development of the young child. Everything we do in class has a purpose, instilling a sense of joy and care for every task. The atmosphere is comforting and the focus is on play.
The Preschool room is structured to offer a variety of individual and group play activities. We visit our organic farm every day, even in rainy weather. In the morning children have ample opportunity to engage in physical activities and take part in simple arts and crafts projects.
Each week the teacher prepares a simple story, accompanied by song and puppetry, for the children to see, hear, and enjoy. The stories also cultivate the child’s imagination and strengthen memory – skills that will be further developed in the Waldorf Kindergarten.
Throughout the year and the changing seasons, a number of festivals are incorporated into the daily and weekly rhythms of the preschool.
About the Preschool
- Two teachers (one lead, one assistant) with Waldorf and early childhood training and experience
- 2-day (Thur and Fri), 3-day (Mon-Wed), and 5-day options
- Preschool day is from 8:30am to 12:15pm
- After care is available to 3:20pm
- Children age 3 to nearly four years old by September
- Children must be potty-trained
- Class size limited to ten children
- Tuition is $3,375 (2-day); $5,050 (3-day); $8,425 (5-day)
- Contact Nick Broad: firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-860-2518
- Click here for an application
Rhythm of the Preschool Day
8:30am-9:30am free play and artistic activity (painting, modeling, coloring)
9:30am-9:45am clean up and table setting
9:45am-10:00am quiet time
10:00am-10:15am circle time
10:15am-10:45am snack (organic and wholesome)
10:45am-11:30am outdoor play and farm visits
11:40am-11:50am story time
11:50am-12:15pm lunch (brought from home)
12:15pm dismissal (or aftercare to 3:20pm)