Sacramento Waldorf School Preschool Program Overview
The Rosebud Preschool is a home-like, secure, and loving environment with a predictable rhythm throughout the day, season, and school year.
The Preschool program supports the children's physical, social-emotional, and intellectual development through circle movement, games, and songs; wholesome snacks; outside work and play on our 22-acre organic farm and campus; stories and puppet plays; and seasonal and artistic activities.
Activities are planned at the same time each day, rotating through the week. This rhythmical element ensures a strong sense of consistency, order, and security – essential to the healthy development of the young child. Everything we do in class has a purpose, instilling a sense of joy and care for every task. The atmosphere is comforting and the focus is on play.
The Preschool room is structured to offer a variety of individual and group play activities. We visit our organic farm every day, even in rainy weather. In the morning children have ample opportunity to engage in physical activities and take part in simple arts and crafts projects.
Every morning ends with a simple yet beautiful puppet play accompanied by song. The stories cultivate the child’s imagination and strengthen memory – skills that will be further developed in the Waldorf Kindergarten.
About the Preschool
- Two teachers (one lead, one assistant) with Waldorf and early childhood training and experience
- 2-day (Thur and Fri), 3-day (Mon-Wed), and 5-day options
- Preschool day is from 8:30am to 12:15pm
- Extended Care is available to 6:00pm
- Children age 3 to nearly four years old by September
- Children must be potty-trained
- Class size limited to twelve children
- Tuition is $3,850 (2-day); $5,760 (3-day); $9,605 (5-day)
- Click here to find applications and learn how to apply
- Contact Nick Broad: email@example.com or 916-860-2518.
Rhythm of the Preschool Day
8:30am-9:30am free play and artistic activity (painting, modeling, coloring)
9:30am-9:45am clean up and table setting
9:45am-10:00am quiet time
10:00am-10:15am circle time
10:15am-10:45am snack (provided: organic and wholesome)
10:45am-12:00pm outdoor play and farm visits
12:00pm-12:15pm story time
12:15pm dismissal (or Extended Care)